Wednesday, September 28

How to get $2,000 per household

Southwest Louisiana residents who have been displaced by Hurricane Rita can get $2,000 from the Federal Emergency Management Agency through a special program called Expedited Assistance.

What is Expedited Assistance?

$2,000 per household, for disaster-related needs such as transportation, clothing, rental housing, other housing accommodations, and food.

If approved, the funds will be electronically transferred to your bank account or a check mailed via the US Postal Service.

The $2,000 is included in the calculation of total benefits for which you may be eligible.

This amount may cover only a portion of the total assistance that you need. After going through the normal eligibility process you may receive additional payments of assistance.

Am I eligible for Expedited Assistance?

You may be eligible if:

You are a resident impacted by Hurricane Rita from a declared parish/county in Louisiana or Texas, and

You have been displaced by the hurricane, and

You do not have the means of identifying damage to your property or are unable to provide immediate documentation.

How do I get Expedited Assistance?

Register with FEMA online at

Or Call 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).

Or Call TTY 1-800-462-7585 for people with speech or hearing disabilities.

How will the money be given to me?

Funds will be made available by an electronic transfer to put funds directly in your bank account, or a check that can be delivered directly to individuals through the US Postal Service.

What if I don’t have a bank account?

Visit a local disaster recovery center and someone will be able to assist you with setting up a bank account.


Anonymous said...

Is Beauregard Parish a qualifying parish?

Anonymous said...

Registered three days ago and I'm "pending inspection of my property." No money.