Wednesday, September 28

School decision could come this week

Calcasieu Parish officials could decide when or if they will reopen schools after a Thursday meeting between area mayors and school board officials.

Lake Charles city administrator Paul Rainwater said the meeting will follow the completion of an ongoing assessment of infrastructure damage and other problems around the parish.

“From there then we’ll make some really tough decisions,” Rainwater said. “What we’re asking for is a little time so we can do an assessment of where our community is at.”

Jeremy Harper
Staff Writer

No comments: